Artwork Submission Instructions
PRESSURE SENSITIVE LABELS – SHRINK SLEEVE – PRINT DIRECT TO CAN
Information for Owners and Designers
WeCan Solutions provide 3 forms of branding for cans. The following information is provided to designers to assist them in the process of developing and creating art work applied to cans however it is recommended that owners have a good understanding of the process to ensure that branding is most affective.
This information is provided strictly for the use of WeCan Customers only.
WeCan Solutions aim to assist our customers get the very best out of the creative capabilities of our branding. We are very willing to assist designers in this process.
Whilst many of our customers will have developed a brand and have designers and artwork readily available, WeCan are able to assist if required with our ‘in-house’ designer Nigel Hughes. Assistance is offered in respect to minor branding amendment, re-sizing and through to total brand creation. For further details contact nigel@CraftCan.Directory.
|Physical label Samples||£125.00||We pass on this flat rate fee for physical samples branded onto cans|
|Minor Artwork amendments||£25||Eg minor text position|
|Resizing existing artwork||£30||Typically associated when moving from PLS to SS|
|BarCode||£50||Acquirement and data association|
WeCan Solutions Ltd will take no liability in respect to the content of the labels. We will do our very best to assist you in the process however.
- We offer a 4 week lead time on approval of artwork. WeCan Solutions Ltd will not be held liable for any costs incurred where labels have been approved within the 4 week lead time.
- Final artwork should be forwarded by email to Rachel@WeCan.Solutions (DropBox or alternatives can be used)
- Labels are manufactured with consideration to the environmental and physical factors that are expected of final product during filling, transportation and market.
- WeCan achieve the best quality in branding of cans by applying prior to filling.
- Barcodes should be included where required. A charge of £50 is payable where barcode additions to the artwork is required of WeCan Solutions Ltd.
- WeCan Solutions commercials INCLUDE the cost of the label and label application. We are willing for the label to be sourced elsewhere. However it should be noted that WeCan Solutions Ltd will not be liable for any costs relating to label issues if sourced externally.
- Proofs are available in two formats i.e. email and PDF printed proof. Please note that the PDF printed proof is NOT colour matched and is for text and positioning assessment purposes only. The cost of a PDF proof is £25. Should customers require a physical complete label as a proof then this is available for an additional cost of £125.
- WeCan provide BLACK or SILVER cans onto which either PSL or Shrink Sleeved can be applied. Other can colours are available with a minimum order of 150,000.
PRESSURE SENSITIVE LABLES
The following information applies to artwork destined for Pressure Sensitive Labels that are to be applied to 330ml cans prior to filling. WeCan Solutions provide you with a typical cutter template. However, alternative cutter template sizes and shapes can be designed at an additional cost.
ALL TYPEFONTS AND EXTERNAL IMAGERS MUST BE INCLUDED WITH THE ART WORK (Fonts may be converted to paths where possible)
(Images must be NO LOWER than 330dpi)
All artwork should be created as linework in one or more of the following applications:
• ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR (all versions up to CS6)
• FREEHAND (all versions up to MX)
• ADOBE PHOTOSHOP (all versions up to CS6) IMAGES ONLY
• ADOBE IN-DESIGN (all versions up to CS6)
• QUARK XPRESS (all versions up to 8)
• PDF FILES are acceptable BUT most comply with the above information regarding images and text
Allow a BLEED of 3mm (max) outside the cutterline on all designs.
Labels should typically conform to the 85 x 205mm template. This maximises the area of the can onto which labels can be applied (not shoulders) and provides for a 3mm gap at the rear of the can once applied. For information purposes this gap ‘hides’ a 0.5mm error in the label application process. The size and shape of the label is the choice of the beverage producer. Where a label is required with different cutter specification to the one stated additional lead times may apply.
Please note that any changes to design following the provision of proofs may mean unexpected delays in label application and canning production runs for which WeCan Solutions Ltd will not be liable.
WeCan Solutions Ltd are keen to ensure that beverage producers maximise the range of design options provided by their labelling supplier. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the cost of the label is typically included in the agreed commercial detail, certain intricate, unusual designs/techniques may attract additional costing of the customer.
DOWNLOAD PRESSURE SENSITIVE TEMPLATE HERE :
Our Shrink Sleeve Labels are provided by Berkshire Labels Ltd (01488 683628)
File formats should be as follows :
.pdf – Editable Layered High Quality Print Resolution
.ai – Layered. Any Scans / Images either supplied as a separate file or embeded into the print ready document
Online Upload – Visit www.hightail.com/u/berkshirelabels to utilise their Online Upload facilities. Please use Stuffed or Zip files. NB Where files are uploaded in this manner, an email must also be sent to Rachel@WeCan.Solutions confirming the transfer has taken place. Please also clealry label files with the Customer Name and Brand
Software Used – Mac based system supporting Adobe CC Suite
NB Remove all unwanted layers, colours and clearly mark up all special colours ie Opaque Whites and Pantone specifics
Colour Matching – We match all Pantone colours to ‘Digital Pantone Plus’. All CMYK images are matched to ISO Coated V2 (Fogra 39L/47L). Any special colours need to ahve CXF data supplied or hard copy sample supplied to match to.
Cutters – Indicate cutters as a separate layer and call the layer ‘Cutter’. Please do not send cutter guides as Photoshop files, they need to be provided as a single vector paths
Fonts – Include all fonts when suplying digital files. Where fonts cannot be supplied, please outline them. Please do not embed them in Acrobat as this function does not work when opening illustrator.
Any text creaed in Photoshop will appear pixelated when printed and this should be avoided by supplying as vector or live text.
Scans – All scans must be a minimum of 300dpi at actual size. Layers filed are our preferred choice and should be saved as .psd’s (Photoshop’s native file format)
Barcodes – BL can create most barcodes but do not recommend them to be any smaller than 80% magnification. When supplying barcodes, please state what format the barcode should be and the number you would like to achieve when scanned.
DOWNLOAD SHRINK SLEEVE TEMPLATE HERE
PRINT DIRECT TO CAN
WeCan Solutions Ltd offer a Print Direct to Can option for volumes of +150,000 per brand. Careful consideration is required and detail discussion with WeCan must occur.
In our online print guide manual (http://printguides.rexam.com/ ) that you have used you’ll find the “grid” as we call it with the info on no print areas etc. Full instructions are provided my means of a manual which we request you download.
We offer the following point of contact for specialist advice in respect to Printed Cans.
Doreen Maginn, Lead Graphics & Design Administrator Ball Corp.
100 Capability Green, Luton, LU1 3LG
Desk Phone: 0044 (0)1582408749
The process will be roughly as per below steps:
– You’ll create your artwork and submit it to Ball (Doreen)
– Only when you are indeed fully happy with the artwork submitted we will process this. Amends on the final version will increase lead-time significantly each time they are made and will add costs to the process as the design will have to go through our full process (admin and repro) each time an amend is made.
– Doreen will send you a final PDF with your artwork and colour rollouts for approval. These rollouts are made on aluminium substrate to show the effect of the chosen colour on aluminium. We will usually send three rollouts per colour for you to choose from
– Upon your final approval, we will make print plates and send these off to the production plant as well as confirm colours to match to.